Paul Pogba: Stop judging me on transfer fee… am doing my job on the pitch

Paul Pogba has urged his critics to forget about the “mountain of the transfer” fee Manchester United paid Juventus to bring him to Old Trafford, with the France international saying he’s doing his job on the pitch.

Jose Mourinho’s team are in Belgium ahead of Thursday’s Europa League quarterfinal first leg against Anderlecht, with the club eyeing passage to the Champions League if they can take top honours in the second-tier European competition.
United’s top-four hopes are still alive in the Premier League as well, with the team sitting in fifth place but having at least one game in hand on all of the clubs above them.
Speaking at a news conference, Pogba said: “I feel great. We won two trophies, I want to do better. You can always do better.
“I came to Man United to play in the Champions League. We have to get back to it, that’s the big one.
“People judge me for not scoring goals, if I scored more they wouldn’t talk. I’m doing a job on the pitch.”
Despite having scored just seven goals since his record £89 million return to Old Trafford, Pogba defended his performances for the team, while being asked to function as more than a goalscorer for Mourinho.
“They want me to score goals because of the mountain of the transfer. My job is to be a midfielder, to make assists,” Pogba said.
“Forget about the transfer fee. It’s in the past. I’m thinking about doing good for the team and that’s it.
“When I am on the pitch I am serious and I want to win.
“I love life. I love to dance. It doesn’t affect me on the pitch to be honest.”

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.